Thursday, December 21, 2017




Last week I had a vacation in Metro Manila. I was there to attend a wedding of a very close friend. I also to visited my long time girlfriend which has become a routine since I last left the big city in 2015. One of the places that I always visit every December is the Ayala Triangle where they fill the park with Christmas lights that dance with the music.





Me and my girlfriend went to visit the place on the 2nd night of my stay in Manila. It was a bokehlicious night. The lights were all over us as they dance with the Christmas music. I took my Minolta 58mm 1.4 vintage lens, attached it to my Sony NEX 5n camera, and there goes the bokeh. I took my model (my girlfriend) and began shooting despite the crowd. Round and oval balls of light of different neon colors filled up my camera memory in an instant as she enjoyed posing for me. I just love bokeh on portraits.







Here's the vlog:



It has been a yearly tradition, Ayala Triangle in Makati Philippines celebrates Christmas by filling up the park with Christmas lights that spark with the beat of the music. Almost every city in the Philippines, even small towns, decorate their parks or landmark during Christmas season. Each city or town has their own unique design and feel. However, to me, Makati city is probably the most prestigious of all Christmas presentations I've seen. Thousands of sparkling lights are filled on the trees in the triangle. Those lights dance with the pace of the music. Some laser light also dance making the whole scene more surreal; kinda like a deep house disco club. Smokes are spewed out to show linear path of the neon light. It was great.





The show ends at 10pm. They turn the lights off. Security personnel do not allow people to stay in the park. They will ask you to leave if you are still wandering around.

If you're planning to visit this place and you are a bit far from Makati, better leave your place early because the traffic is terrible in Manila. You might miss the show even leaving at 6pm. It happened to us on our first night.








Wolf Eyes Blog . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates